Everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing 9 years ago today.
9 years from today, I wonder if Andrew will remember the first time he heard about what happened. We passed the fire station at 9:03am this morning as we were out for our morning walk. We stopped and watched as they announced the flights, had a moment of silence, lowered the flag, then raising it again at half mast.
I tried to answer his questions as honest and as censored as I felt appropriate for an almost 4 year old. He was very quiet and seemed to take it all in.
We finished our walk as we normally do...talking about the birds, the trees, people passing by, and what we were going to do with the rest of our day. I suppose the rest of our day will be fairly average. I suppose tomorrow morning, the heaviness of today's memories will be lifted and life will resume as normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment