Well, our tree is still up and our stockings are still hung.
But the Epiphany was this week, so I'm good right?
And Andrew will get his Christmas present from us in a month or two when the weather warms up since he can't use it now, so in essence we're ahead of the game, aren't we?
Those pictures I took at Christmas will make their way to my PC and then to the Internets (plural on purpose) and into your inbox sometime before the baby arrives...and then you'll get his/her birth announcement when he/she graduates high school or gets engaged, probably the latter assuming those events occur in that order.
So in keeping with my history of punctuality I thought I'd share with you a New Years writing exercise.
I received this from someone dear to my heart last year. I am just now thinking about completing it again this year.
Even if you have never done anything like this or don't like to journal, it might be fun for you to give it a try. I was quite shocked going back over my answers from last year...in a pleasant way.
Have fun with it.
Blessings and Happy New Year!!
-------------------------------------
These questions are just a guide...feel free to riff. The intention of the exercise is to powerfully complete the year so you have a blank slate on which to create 2010. This means both acknowledging how far you have come, and also if there's anything that feels incomplete for you, and if so, what you would need to do to have it feel complete. (Completion means you leave it behind you, whatever the result, and move forward. If we don't get complete with our "failures", they drag behind us and show up as obstacles to creating the future possibilities we want).
Completing 2009:
a) What have you accomplished this year? List both external and internal accomplishments.
b) What did you want to accomplish that you didn't? Is it still important to you? If there were failures or mistakes, do you feel complete with them, or is there some further action needed to get complete?
c) What have you learned
d) What are you proud of yourself/thankful for?
Creating 2010:
a) What are your intentions for 2010?
b) Dreaming big, what would EXCEED your expectations?
c) What did you learn in 2008 that you want to carry into the next year?
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this. I'm definitely going to do it...just not sure when. I am suffering from the same thing you are apparently. Don't I still owe you a pic. Ok, I'm getting on that RIGHT NOW.
Post a Comment