Monday, April 14, 2008

When your out of blogging material...

POST A RECIPE!!!

It is a little chilly today and I wish this was simmering on my stove. It is supposed to be served cold, but I like it Hot, Hot, Hot!

Gingered Carrots Vichyssoise
2 Tbsp butter
5 Carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
8C chicken stock
1 potato, peeled, quartered
1/2 piece fresh ginger, peeled and diced (1/2 piece can vary in size...I'd say it ends up being about 1-3 Tbsp, depending on how spicy you like it)
pepper to taste
3/4 C heavy cream
2 Tbsp chives, chopped


1. Melt butter in large soup pot. Add carrots and onions. Cook 10 min.
2. Add chicken stock, potatoes, ginger, pepper. Simmer 45 minutes, uncovered.
3. Drain and reserve liquid.
4. Puree veggies in food processor or blender.
5. Return veggies to pan. Add stock back into veggies. Return to a boil.
6. Reduce heat. Add cream. Simmer 5 minutes. Garnish with chives before serving.
* if you want soup a little thicker, you can add instant garlic potatoes until desired consistency.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I. Totally. Am. Going. To. Get. My. Husband. To. Make. This.

I YUV anything gingered carrots.