Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Dinner

I am not sure if I have ever written this before, but I have the kindest Grandmother that ever walked the face of this earth! She is the most generous person I know. I am always receiving packages in the mail of handmade items, trinkets for Baby Boudreaux, handwritten cards (which are a rarity these days), and "just because I love you" gifts. A few months ago, she sent me a box with sets of 4 placemats for each month of the year. I feel guilty as I keep forgetting to put them out. Last night, I made a nice Valentine's Dinner for Mr. B, Auntie, and Baby Boudreaux. I was able to incorporate a few of her thoughtful gifts into our dinner:
Notice the hand-made placemats? Those are from Grandma.

The heart shaped bowl and plate are a Valentine's Day gift for Baby Boudreaux, also from Grandma. I took these pictures so she will be able to see how she enabled me to do a fun and spruced up dinner last night for my loved ones. She doesn't have a computer at home, but I will print these pictures and send them to her. I just wanted you guys to know how special she is to us.

This will be our last post for a few days. Bumpa (Grandpa) Jim is coming today! Mr. B and Auntie have a three day weekend, so we will be enjoying some family time at the lake. Ciao for now!

7 comments:

IamDerby said...

I love those placemats! So cute! Sounds like your grandma is a doll.

Suburban prep said...

What a thoughtful grandmother. You are blessed. The table looks fabulous.

Heather said...

That is so cute and thoughtful!

Jenny said...

Love 'em!

rak said...

great job jame... and your grandma is gonna love it too when you send those pics!

Q's NEWS said...

You are so LUCKY to have such a wonderful Grandmother. Both my parents are from Britain (one from London, the other from Scotland) and my entire extended family is from Britain as well. Growing up it was just my Mom & Dad and my 2 brothers and 1 sister - no extended family whatsoever! I was always envious of the kids whose grandparents came to everything (like ballgames, etc.)

Treasure your Grandmother! She sounds like a true gem and have a wonderful visit with your Grandpa!

Susan from WV

Anonymous said...

How cute! Your Grandma is AWESOME! I know you cherish her and all of her gifts .. you are right.. most of these things are pretty rare these days. I am trying to make homemade things now and put a lot of thought and love into gifts. I feel like it really does mean so much more.