...legs that is. I do not take them for granted, not one bit. However vein this may sound, I am thankful for them and they are the one part of my physical being that I accept and fully appreciate with my whole heart. Both of them. I do not favor one over the other. They are equally supportive and equally utilized. I mean really, how often do I stop to think about how blessed I am to have legs? Not very often. I am blessed and I wanted you to know. If it were not for my legs I would not be able to participate in the one activity that keeps me sane. I would not be able to meet the pavement head on each morning and run off my "dirt." They are strong. They are long. They are compliant. They are loyal to their cause.
They are mine and I am so grateful for them.
8 comments:
I want that lamp. I love my legs too.
I love the phrase "They are loyal to their cause" at it applies to legs, what an different way to think about them. This post has made me grateful for my legs too.
(The lamp, it's like the one in A Christmas Story, no?)
brilliant with the christmas story lamp!
you write beautifully jamie.
i love that you run off your dirt:)
Completely. I dislike much of my body, but I love my legs, especially during my daily run. They are not slender, but they are shapely. And strong.
Amen.
Amen, sister.
p.s. I thought this was interesting -- I found you through this google search "small plastic rake."
That's me.
Stepping/Libby: Yes, that is the Christmas Stoy Lamp and how funny that would be to have one! FRAGILE.
RAK: Thank you for the compliments, Dear.
Jocelyn: Mine are shapely, indeed, especially up top in my "trunk" area. Is that still considered the leg?
Cardiogirl: Welcome! Funny how you found me! Thank you for telling me, I need to change the settings so that webcrawlers can't find me. It is a little weird since I have so many pictures and videos of baby boy out there. However, I am glad you found me, and hope you stick around. I'll check your blog out as well...
It's a major award!!
Love the lamp - my favorite Christmas Story.
Great post!
Post a Comment