Friday, November 16, 2007

Sounds of the Seasons

Lately, we truly have been the typical American family who spends way too much time in front of the TV. Especially at night after baby goes to bed. Especially during football season.
I hate cable and fought hard to keep it out of the house.

I lost the battle, however, and we now have a digital cable package complete with phone, Interent, and 999 channels of nothingness. Of course there are a few channels that I frequent. FoodTV, Discovery Health, TLC, and the TV Guide channel searching 999 channels for something decent to watch. I know, I know...it is digital, I have the little built-in "guide" button on the remote, but I always forget to use it.

Aside from the couple of channels that I frequent, surely there is at least one unique channel that justifies the hefty bill and 995 other channels of nothingness that I am paying for?

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him." Matthew 12:35

Alas, I have found one channel I am in love with...a music channel called "Sounds of the Seasons". Even though we haven't even gotten through slaughtering the bird yet, our house is filled with the lovely sounds of Christmas 12 hours a day (or at least until Jason comes home and puts it back on FOX News or SportsCenter). Christmas music just puts me in the most peaceful, relaxed, spiritual mood and I am totally lovin' it. I am so thankful I found this channel.

And lets face it. Raffi, Baby Einstein and Old MacDonald's Greatest Hits are gettin' a little old.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Up here in Boston we have an oldies radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music starting the week before Thanksgiving. It's all I'll listen to in the car between now and the 25th. :)

Jenny said...

During the drive up to Decat. yesterday Chris and I listened to a channel that had nothing but Christmas songs. Weird, but pleasant.