Went to the Dr yesterday and had to take Baby Boudreaux. He has this obsession with holding up his hand and saying "Hi!" to E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. He pronounces it "Hi-yee!" So cute.
Anyways, the Dr. and three techs are trying to hold a conversation about work. Baby Boudreaux is repeatedly (and loudly) saying (as he is holding out his hand) "Hi-yee!" over and over because they are not acknowledging him. However, as they are talking to one another, they are laughing. Baby Boudreaux thinks they are laughing at him so he lowers his hand, puts this fake smile on his face and begins a fake laugh...like a "Heh, heh, heh, heh." Almost with a tone of, "OK guys, I know you are ignoring me but I am pretending like I don't care." This goes on for several minutes.
So, the Dr. sits me and this other guy down for a presentation. Baby Boudreaux crawls on my lap and fervently repeats "Hi-yeee" several times until the Dr and the man say Hi back. I can tell he is becoming annoying to them and I am trying so hard not to laugh, so I carry him back to toy corner to let him play. All is quiet. Then I hear the familiar, "Awwwwww. Ohhhhhhh. Awwwwww" which can only mean one thing... He is giving something a hug.
I turned around to check. His back is turned to me and I see a rake hanging over his shoulder. He was hugging a plastic toy rake. I wanted to bust out laughing.
Here is Baby Boudreaux going from "pissed off because I can't get the car out of the truck" to "sweet baby who loves to hug his bunny" to "I am going to ignore mommy."
Enjoy!
5 comments:
LOVE it!! thanks so much for posting video of him... I love seeing him stand up like that and fling his toys everywhere=)
I can't wait to see hime in person in a couple of weeks! The blog helps to keep him in my mind's eye so thatnk you for the time you put into it. I love you.Mom (mick)
Guess I should have proof read my comment first...sorry about the typos. mom
No problem, Mom! You made me laugh!
Cute video! And very descriptive entry! Come see us!
Post a Comment