Sunday, June 17, 2012

witness

There is so much that I want to share about the last few months but I just can't seem to start a sentence.


 
 
 

Maya once told me, "These are times when what's being asked of us is to simply be witnesses. To be able to hold in the grandeur and beauty, the incredible power and poignancy of these moments. That is a huge gift, even when it seems like a private moment. Because there's something very nourishing about it, something that feeds you in such a way that it does radiate outward to others. I think there's a lot of healing there, in these very subtle undercurrents."

 


 

Amy captures the essence of these moments in her beautiful poem, Rare Alignment.

Rare Alignment

Sometimes we are graced with a rare alignment
the tipping of an axis point, subtle
secondary evidence of efficiency,
a spectacle seen once and only once
in our brief lifetime.
Suddenly, a curve rather than a straight line,
cairns appearing then disappearing again.
A suspension of one reality, while slowly
our bones and muscles shift into new spaces.
Expect a new sequence of angles, trust
this rearranging of your capacity for love.






 

Oh, how there absolutely has been rearranging of my capacity for love.  Coming to a better understanding of the Spirit of the Living God at work in my everyday life has utterly and completely rearranged my capacity for love.  That is what I have witnessed. That is what I wanted to share with you.




**SO, from here on out, I am just going to stick with taking pictures and link to all of my amazingly talented writer friends and let them do all of the talking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new pics Jamie. Gma. & Gpa. E

Katrin said...

absolutely beautiful pictures!