Thursday, February 16, 2012

faster and faster it goes...


life in the fast lane


Camera, pen and paper have been my modes of journaling in this season.
I realized the other day that since I don't print and mail pictures, don't update facebook, and hardly update this blog there might be a few folks out there feeling a little disconnected.
My sincerest apologies.
I will try harder.
To smooth things over I am tempted to say there isn't much going on.
But that would be a lie. 
There is much going on.  My boys are growing up and so are their parents.  It is all good.  I just wish things would slow down for a minute or two so my head and heart had a chance to catch-up.
Which is probably how Ben feels about his big brother...
chasing his brother

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then they are 25 or 30 and you are 45 or 50 and you have time to reflect but they have moved on...they (hopefully) have caught up with each other and have a relationship that will continue when you are gone.

Mass media is a new thing of this generation and I am glad I got to be a part of it...I watch for your posts, texts, blogs because it connects me with you and your family. Another new thing of this generation is relocation... Extended families used to live in the same house, neighborhood,town, state. Now, we go where the job is and we visit a few times a year. When you can, please keep posting and blogging! We understand when life takes over and you don't have time...Love you!

Mom

Amy said...

Oh my heart just burst with this one. 13 and 11 now. I can't even bear to think how fast the time goes. I miss those days. I know how hard it is to take it slow, to savor it. Life doesn't happen that way, it's fast and furious and spinning at us lightning speed. But your photos capture such incredible tiny moments. What a way to savor. LOVE...