Friday, December 7, 2007

Why are you so weird?

Libby tagged me for a "Weirdness Meme." It has taken me a few days to come up with my answers. I have never thought of myself as "weird." My husband dubs me as weird at least 35 times per day, yet when I came to him for specific suggestions for this post he had nothing to give. Maybe I am not as weird as we both thought? Maybe my weird habits are actually, in fact, normal? Maybe I am just in denial the truth is that I am totally weird? I don't know, feel free to add to my weirdness list if you don't see it listed here.

1. I (Heart) Ketchup. Not in a "give me a squirt with my fries" kind of way. Like in a "I once got into an argument with the kid at the BK drivethru over their 3-packets per customer rule" kind of way. I mean really, 3 packets? I am a 1 packet per fry kind of gal. I also like ketchup smothered on grilled cheese, mac n' cheese, eggs, potato chips, chicken, pot roast, potatoes of any kind (except sweet...unless they are sweet potato fries), cold cut sandwiches, and onion rings. When in doubt, use ketchup.

2. My favorite snack in the whole wide world is Doritos, a Butterfinger, and a regular Coke. The Doritos and Butterfinger are to be eaten, one bite each, simultaneously (combining the nacho cheese and peanut butter flavor) and then immediately chased with a swig of Coke. I once won a Holiday Cookie Exchange prize for "most unusual ingredient" because I was able to incorporate my Doritos into a peanut butter and chocolate desert. It was fabulous. It tasted just like a crunchy Butterfinger. I'd give you the recipe, but then I'd have to kill you.

3. No cheese on my pizza please. But you can add extra sauce...and Italian dressing to dip my crust in.

4. One thing that drives my husband crazy is a habit I inherited from my dad. Unless I am in bed sleeping, my shoes are on. Always. No. Ifs. Ands. Or. Buts. If I am in bed, my socks are on.

5. I (Heart) My Pillows. Don't (Mess) with my Pillows. I sleep with 4-5, all strategically placed. If traveling, I never leave the house for even a single night without my feather pillow. I don't care if it doesn't fit in the suitcase or back pack...I'd go coat-less, toothbrush-less, makeup-less, or even underbritches-less before I would go pillow-less. And each and every pillow on our bed has it's own designated pillow case. Don't try to fool me. You can't. I know which one goes with which and I can tell if there is one astray before I even pull back the covers.

Now for the fun part of this Meme. I get to tag some folks. So, would RAK, Jen, Dre, and Erin please let us know what makes them weird?

5 comments:

Jenny said...

This was a great list. I'll have to think on it!

rak said...

i definitely won't be able to top yours!!! (but i'll give it a go)

Libby said...

Are you kidding me? Doritos in a peanut butter and chocolate desert? That sounds so good- it might be worth the brush with death to obtain the recipe... :)



(Beautiful photos in the post below, by the way. What a happy baby boy!)

Emily/Randomability said...

Today my lunch was a toasted bagel with creamy peanut butter and a slice of Cheddar Cheese.

The cheese was melty and it was GOOD!!

Heather said...

Wow, you love your doritos and ketchup! Not together though, right?