Monday, November 12, 2007

Unsentimental, but true

Thanks #10: Cell phones.
It took me until last year to get one, but if it were not for cell phones we would have had no contact with the outside world today. Dear, sweet, innocent babe o' mine turned one of our phones on and then stashed it somewhere. We can't find it anywhere. We knew it was on because the other phone in our possession said "Line 1 in use" and there was no dial tone. Although we are unable to locate its whereabouts, "Line 1" is no longer in use. I suppose the phone's battery died.

Or maybe it shorted out in the wash.
Or was taken out with the trash.
Or it got packed up in the boxes we moved into the attic today.
Or it is under his bed with all of his socks he pulls off and throws down the wall when he is "sleeping" in his crib.
Nope, I just checked...it isn't there. I'm sure we'll find it one of these days. If not, we have our cell phones.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We lost our phone last year and I don't even have a toddler to blame it on. Pathetic!

rak said...

i will laugh if you never find it like suzel's sass never found hers. that would be REALLY funny:) and thanks for posting again to move that ugly face down the page so that it doesn't make me throw up everytime i check your blog.

Libby said...

Did you check the fridge/freezer? If my phone was missing, that's where I would look. I hope it turns up soon!

Anonymous said...

We are part of the land-line-less folks. We don't get many calls and it didn't make sense to have one.

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to my cell phone! If I leave the house without it my day is shot. I used to talk on it ALL THE TIME (Verizon to Verizon) but have slowed down considerably since my marriage. The family keeps me so busy; I rarely have time to sit on the phone and chat.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Our old cordless phone was pageable so when we lost it in a bag of chips or behind the toilet we could press a button on the base in the kitchen, page it and follow the bleeping until it was relocated.