Up until now, we thought we knew what that meant.
So, if you are wondering why we haven't posted in a while, on top of packing, moving, and getting our "new" house ready here is the real reason:
Just as Baby Boudreaux is starting to become very interactive and fun (waves goodbye/hello, dances, laughs, feeds us, likes to snuggle more, etc.) he has started to CRAWL!
We never understood why parents always asked so enthusiastically, "Has he started to crawl!?!?" We were never in a hurry for him to crawl. Of course we are excited our child is developing normally. However, we understood that with crawling comes many changes.
Such as the inability to exit the room for a second...or two...or to say, use the bathroom, get the mail, answer the phone, let the dog out/in, etc. He must be watched every single second.
With crawling comes a time of more intense language development. Baby Boudreaux is becoming very familiar with the words "No!" and "Stop!" and "Don't touch that!" Yesterday we were able to practice all as he crawled towards a pile of our dog's vomit on the carpet.
Oh yes... germs! I never thought of myself as a germaphobe...until he started crawling. I never noticed how many crumbs, dirt particles, hair, fuzzies, and other things are on the gym-daycare floor...that is until this morning when I put him down and he b-lined towards a mouth watering triangular piece of paper. What to do?
Apparently this is where it REALLY begins... doing the best we can and trusting God with the rest. After all, it is impossible to watch him every single second!
Another thing crawling means...not being able to put him down for a nap as easily. For example, today I laid him in bed at 9:55am. At 10:29am he stopped talking, the mobile has stopped playing (which he gets up, crawls over to, and turns on himself), and it appears as though he is asleep. I went to check, and indeed he was asleep, sitting up, with his face mashed into the side of his bumper. Here is the picture, although it was not taken from a good angle. The flash startled him, so I laid him back down and he is now officially asleep and it is 10:36 am... 41 minutes later.
3 comments:
YEAH ANDREW!!! I can't wait to see him! Laurie
Bless his heart. :) Yeah, crawling is where it gets REAL interesting...
I should try this "crawling" you speak of... it sounds adventuresome=)
No, really though. You are an awesome mother Jamie, even if he does manage a stray paper or crumb into his tiny little mouth. Like you said, you can't stop him every single second. I'm so happy he is getting stronger! laf Rene'
Post a Comment